This Medical Problems in Pregnancy course together with other courses form a high-quality e-learning for midwives. These modules and programmes have been developed by the UK’s medical royal colleges, Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare, and other professional bodies.
Maternal death can often result from medical rather than obstetric complications. The quality of care provided in these scenarios is crucial to the outcome.
These sessions will help you to build your knowledge and understanding of how to manage unwell pregnant women in your care.
The e-learning is arranged into six sessions – which you can complete in any order:
- The physiology of pregnancy
- Medical disorders complicating pregnancy
- Prescribing safely in pregnancy
- Clinical assessment of the pregnant patient
- Communication and co-ordination of care for the complex obstetric patient
- Common and important clinical scenarios: sepsis and thromboembolism