This course educates you on your duties as a Level 1 Food Handler, so you can work with the highest standards of food safety and hygiene.
It is absolutely essential that anyone who works where food is made, sold, or served has a good understanding of food hygiene and knows how to handle consumables properly. This IOSH Approved Food Safety and Hygiene Level 1 course covers all the basics and provides a printable certificate upon completion, which demonstrates an understanding of the topic.
By the end of this training you will understand:
* What is required of you as a food handler
* The nature of microorganisms and harmful bacteria
* The different types of food poisoning
* How to safely handle food
* How to comply with current legislation
* How to prevent cross contamination, illnesses and injuries
* How to clean and disinfect equipment and surfaces
* The importance of personal hygiene, correct food storage and safe food temperatures