This FGM Awareness and Prevention Training Course provides useful information about Female Genital Mutilation and will help you spot the signs of potential FGM, as well as teach you how to intervene should you suspect a child is going to be subjected to the procedure. This FGM Course is CPD Accredited and can be used in conjunction with our Safeguarding Children Course.
- Payzone: MasterCard, Card Visa
- Direct Bank Transfer: Moroccans can also pay by cheques, cash, Wafacash, or Cash plus
- Paypal: Visa Card, MasterCard, Maestro Card, American Express Card, (you can pay with your international Card if you don’t have a Paypal account)
- Western Union: You can send us your payment through Western Union to the name “HASNA CHEKAIRI“
PLEASE APPLY THE coupon BELOW TO GET OUR 10% DISCOUNT!
coupon : TEN
Share This Class:
- Learn to recognise the signs of FGM as part of your safeguarding duty
- Understand exactly what FGM is and how it can affect the victim
- Understand the 4 R's of child protection
About this course
FGM is ILLEGAL and classed as child abuse in the UK. It is often performed to young girls between the age of four and eight, to ensure it is before puberty. The aim of FGM is to inhibit women's sexual feelings.
FGM stands for Female Genital Mutilation. This is the operation woman face where their genitals are cut out, altered or damaged. This operation does not have a medical reason behind it, it is more often due to cultural or non-therapeutic beliefs. Other terms it falls under are 'female circumcision' or 'cutting' among others.
There are four different types of FGM that are explained in the course and they are often performed by people who are not medically trained (but may have conducted FGM many times before). But outside of the UK, this may be different, qualified professionals may perform it. Another problem often associated with FGM is that antiseptics and anaesthetics are not often used and this can result in large amounts of pain and sometimes infection.
But the arguably biggest problem with FGM is that due to the age of the girls receiving the procedure, they may not actually consent to it and are forced into it. Additionally, there are not any health benefits for this procedure but they can cause problems for the recipient.
This course aims to equip you with the tools to know what to look for if you suspect a child is going to be subjected to FGM and what you can do to prevent it. In addition to this course, we offer a wide selection of online safeguarding courses.
The importance of FGM Awareness & Prevention Training
It’s important that you comply with the law and understand the positive impact this training course can have on your organization and employees.
Download and print
Each of our courses ends with a multiple choice test to measure your knowledge of the material.
This FGM Awareness Training course concludes with a 15 question multiple-choice test with a printable certificate. In addition, brief in-course questionnaires guide the user through the sections of the training and are designed to reinforce learning and ensure maximum user engagement throughout.
What does my certificate include?
Your FGM Awareness & Prevention Training Certificate includes your name, company name (if applicable), name of course taken, pass percentage, date of completion, expiry date and stamps of approval or accreditations by recognised authorities.
Why is this training important?
It's important that you comply with the law and know the ways in which it affects you and the way you work.
- FGM Awareness and Prevention Course Unlimited
Are You Ready To Start?
What people are saying
You might also be interested in these courses
- Abdominal Radiology / Abdominal Radiology / Allied Healthcare / Cardiothoracic Radiology / Cardiothoracic Radiologya / Cardiovascular Radiology / Cardiovascular Radiology / Chest Radiology / Chest Radiology / Dental Cone Beam CT Radiological Interpretation(Assistant Dentistry) / Diagnostic Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology and Medical Imaging / Diagnostic Radiology(Medical) / Diagnostic Radiology(Nursing) / Emergency Radiology / Emergency Radiology / Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology / Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology / Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology / Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology / Gastrointestinal Radiology / Gastrointestinal Radiology / Genitourinary Radiology / Genitourinary Radiology / Head and Neck Radiology / Head and Neck Radiology / Interventional Radiology / Interventional Radiology / Musculoskeletal Radiology / Musculoskeletal Radiology / Neuroradiology / Neuroradiology / Nuclear Radiology / Nuclear Radiology / Pediatric Radiology / Pediatric Radiology / Radiation Radiology / Vascular and Interventional Radiology / Vascular and Interventional Radiology